Pages

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Black-winged Stilt at Cley

Notable sightings round the patch since the last update have included a Red Kite over Cromer on 30th May, just the 2nd one of the year,  a flock of c10 Crossbills were noted in Felbrigg Park and the first Common Tern of the year was finally noted offshore.

I very rarely leave the patch these days, but today saw me heading back to my old patch for a Cley tick in the elegant form of a Black-winged Stilt. Initially seen very distantly from the visitors centre, I moved round to the west bank where slightly closer views of it could be had as it fed on Cricket Marsh, and although it was always distant I still managed an acceptable record shot.


Having lived there for nearly 20 years, Cley is always close to my heart, and despite having moved away now I still maintain a patch list for the area, with this new site addition being the 336th species I've recorded within the 10km square.